Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Year


The week was great.  Back out working after christmas.  I was starting to get ansy.  I truley enjoy missionary work.  It´s the most tiring thing i´ve done in my life, hands down, but it´s very rewarding.  We are working a lot more with doing contacts.  The zone i´m in has a goal to do 70 contacts a week.  For a lot of missions that is basically nothing, but in Fortaleza you don´t really need to do contacts, you are always finding through members and recent converts, well that is how I work at least.  Not baptisms unfortunately this week.  Lauriçete left AGAIN for the new year.  The holidays are a drag to bring people to church and repentance.  I almost feel like the whole holiday of christmas was turned into a drinking fest here.  As well with the new year.  I still don´t understand the whole concept of spend the last day of the year drunk and not remember it the next day >.>  OH well, they have their agency.  

We had a cool lesson sunday.  Taught me how the spirit works and how God allows people to be born with challenges the bless the lives of others.  We did a contact with some people who couldn´t hear.  We ended up entering their house and shared the message of the restoration of the Gospel of Christ.  It was pretty fun trying to use sign language to get  our point across.  I could feel the spirit working through me, and through them to understand.  I knew that they wouldn´t go to church and get baptised or anything but it was nice leaving a message with them about god.  They understood the message and we invited them to pray to know.  It was pretty special.  I walked out of the lesson pretty happy and feeling blessed for being able to get to know such humble people.  

As we go on to the new year I hope we set reasonable goals that we may be able to achieve.  This is one of my favorite stories in the bible and I hope you may all watch it and have awonderful year.  http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/mormon-messages?lang=eng&query=new+year#2010-12-21-new-years-look-not-behind-thee 

Look not behind thee
Elder Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment