Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Feb 11


As for this week,

I love throwing things in my suitcase to be transfered... Not.  Ha but seriously i´m liking my new area.  The area is called Conjunto Ceará.  It doesn´t really have to many markets or anything.  We don´t even have a bank in this area.  Oh well.  My companion is Elder Guimarães.  You can call him guimi.  He is a pretty great Elder.  He has been on the mission for 5 months, i´m his second companion.  He is really dependant on his companion. I´m going to try to help him prepare to be a lider and seniorin this transfer.  He doesn´t really have to much confidence in his teaching ability.  But hey that´s why we have preach my gospel ehh??

I gave a talk this sunday about reverence, inspiration, and revelation.  Was pretty fun.  I was up there talking portuguese like a boss.  I didn´t realize I gave a fifteen minute talk and I was still talking but the bishops counseler hit my leg to close the talk.  Ha.  I think I officialy don´t have any fear to give talks in church anymore.  It´s actually pretty fun trying to inspire my brothers :D 

We taught some good lessons this week.  We found 22 new investigators.  SO that should be a pretty nice addition to our teaching pool.  I got here and they only left me kids to teach. I was like oh heck no we finding families.  Started contacting up a storm and found a couple. Unfortunately this week is a holiday called Carnavel.  It´s such a stupid holiday.  Just another excuse for people to get drunk and throw eggs and flour on eachother.  and not go to church. >.> ugh.  Oh well.  We should have a baptism this saturday of a kid named Kiro.  He is pretty good kid.  I need a family though.  Baptising families ROCK.  Actually any baptisms ROCK.  

I´m quite happy it´s  p -day though.  I´m going to eat and be happy and charge my body for one more week of work in Fortaleza.  I love this gospel,  I love this mission!
I Love you,
Elder Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment