Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Feb 18


This area is pretty great.  It´s really calm and doesn´t have a lot of noise in the street.  Here in Fortaleza it´s legal to have a HUGE soundsystem in the back of your car, so people usual drive in the streets BLASTING music.  It´s quite annoying.  But here it´s more calm.  The nearest market is 2 minute walk on foot.  So it´s not to bad.  It isn´t a walmart or harmons or anything but it has food haha.  This area is a really safe area apparently.  NIghts are very calm.  Most of my teaching pool is in a condominum.  We are trying to find more families.  I want to baptise a family haha.  I still haven´t gotten the camera yet.  Maybe this week i´ll get it, the card as well.  


This week was good.  The start marked the end of Carnavel.  I dislike carnavel.  It´s a wicked holliday but it ended ha.  We couldn´t find to many people at the beggining of the week but we managed to get some lessons in those first couple days.  Wednesday marked the end of it.  Thank goodness.  We found a couple of people this week but nothing to crazy.  I´d just like to share an experience I had this week.

We were marked to pass by and teach this family on Wednesday ( end of carnavel ).  Ends up we start hearing a ton of yelling yada yada yada.  Basically the husband was kicked out of the house because he gets super jealous easily yada yada yada....  They live in an apartment upstairs and the husband came down and was sitting on the stairs.  We talked with him for a couple of minutes and tried to calm him down.  Went upstairs,talked with the wife, she was pretty mad, it was a mess.  I didn´t really know what to think of the situation.  I was led by the spirit and ended up giving some advice to the wife, but she didn´t want  the husband back in the house.  We walked out and talked to the husband and he had no where to stay.  I thought about his consequences for his jealousy that he made up.  We tried to help the family but it just didn´t seem to work out in that moment.  We walked out and passed the next day to see how they were.  The husband was back in the house.  Not sure what happened but I believe something we had said helped the wife forgive the husband.  

Ok that was a long story that doesn´t make a ton of sence.  I´ll sum up my thoughts about it ha.  1)  Don´t be jealous, that ruins relationships.  2)  This whole mess would have been avoided if they would have been rooted in the gospel of Christ.  I´m SO thankful that i am able to have an eternal family.  And have a well functioning family.  I´ve learned a ton her about how to be a better person not only for my wife but everyone I come in contact with

We had a baptism this week!  It was pretty good.  Kairo (10).  He was baptised and we are teaching the family.  I´d attatch photos but i´m without them at the moment.  His family went to the baptism and they seemed to enjoy.  Who knows maybe i´ll be the missionary to baptise this family :D  i´ll keep you all updated.  

Love 
Elder Diamond!

No comments:

Post a Comment