Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Feb 4


The week was pretty good aside from dificulties.  As for what happened.  I got sick with a cold the first three days, so that slowed the work down.  I´m still a little sick.  As I get better to be able to start working.  Elder Pinheiros wisdom tooth decides to come in.  Didn´t help to much.  I got worried a lot because we weren´t able to pass Karina and Rafael to close out the baptism.  Had a good experience though.  The day we passed and talked with Rafael.  He only smoked 1.  His progress is awesome!  Karina accepted baptism and was finally baptised sunday.  Very spiritual baptismal reunion.  That family is almost complete, just two more kids!

So as for the transfers,.... I got transfered!  I´m not sure how I feel about it yet.  I enjoyed my last area.  I heard though that this new area is good.  Seems to be booming with sucess.  I´m in the Caucaia zone, in an area called Conjunto Ceará 1.  My companion is a greeny, just got done being trained.  He looks and reminds me of my bishop in my first area that I passed so much.  He has a lot of will to work.  SO i´m going to have to help him out a lot this transfer.  I´m going to definately miss being in my last house though.  It was nice.  

This last transfer was a lot of fun with Elder Pinheiro.  We had some good sucess and passed through a lot.  I´m glad Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to train him.  He reminds me a little of me in the form of his heart.  They are basically the same thing.   Some times it was difficult but as you reflect on memories, until as far back as the start of the mission, the bad parts don´t appear.  Me walking in the blazing sun everyday, sweating so much, doesn´t clogg my memories.  What cloggs my memories is all the laughing and fun I had helping people recieve the restored Gospel.  Watching the miricles happen each transfer.  The person growth that happens to one during the mission.  The Testimony i´ve gained and the doubt turning to knowing.  

I know that only better things lie in store for me.  Never look back.  People don´t even take into consideration that the fact that the new could be something even better than the last.  Heavenly Father is always giving us opportunities to be better and to find even more happiness.  I know the Gospel, when put in practice, brings miricles to the lives of each person.  I was in church sunday and I was reflecting a lot about the Spirit and it´s role.   I know God lives and loves us and I know he is a God of Miricles, just look at me! 

With love,
Elder Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment