Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Sunday, July 7, 2013

New posting


The week was up and down.  Me and Elder Dean worked A TON this week.  We were really trying to hit our goals this week.  We ended up hitting the pattern of excelency in the feeling of lessons taught, which is rare, like hardly any missionaries are hitting it.  And we almost hit the pattern with new investigators as well.  The kicker was that we were teaching a ton this week and sunday comes along and NO ONE goes to church.  Everythign feel through!  Hate those days haha but oh well the lord is preparing these people.  We had 3 couples that were going to go to church.  The first couldn´t go because his car broke down and he HAD to fix it that morning ( Great excuse haha ) .  The second couple said they couldn´t go because their kid was sick, so that is understandable.  Our third couple, which was super good and has a TON of potential, didn´t go because the member that we asked to pass and grab them for church didn´t pass >.>......  ugh,  Elder Dean had to give a talk in sacrament meeting so we couldn´t just leave the meeting and go and loook for them.  We went after but they had already left.  Darn!

I enjoyed this easter though,  I loved sitting in church thinking about the ressurection and the sacrifice of the savior.  I feel so happy and good when I am at church.  The sacrament is such a wonderful ordanence.  I get to actually think and reflect about my saviors sacrifice for me in utter silence.  In brasil, easter is called Páscoa.  It is almost the same thing with the feeling of eggs.  But their is no egg hunt or anything like that .  The stores sell really big chocolate eggs that are like 20 bucks to buy and they are full of chocolate and goodies.  It´s kinda cool.  As me and Elder Dean were teaching this week I kinda got sad.  We would invite people to go to church and remember the Savior for Easter and they would decline and say "no i´m going to the beach" or "i´m traveling" things like that.  I hope we remembered the true meaning of easter that it´s not just a holiday to go egg hunting and take pictures to show off, you can do that any day of the week.  Easter is about the ressurection of the Christ.  Not sure about you, but my easter was wonderful and I recieved no eggs. 

I´m excited for this next week.  We have some good investigators coming out of the woodworks.  I feel my gods love for me more and more each passing day.  I can safely say that i´m happy and I know what i´m doing is right.  Even if people aren´t flocking to be baptised at the moment, i´m still going to give my best.  I love and am so thankful for my savior.  I´m not worthy to represent his name, I don´t have the words his truth deserves... but he trusts in me so I will go and do what I am comanded to do.  Onward onward youth of Zion!!!  

Love you!
Elder Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment