Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

june 17


The week was a lot better then the last week.  I had a good time this week.  I´m really starting to enjoy Beira Rio.  The only annoying part is that we have NO investigators that are at home in the afternoon.  And the sun is BLAZING in the afternoon.  So we are trying to do other things that usually involve walking and not teaching in the afternoon.  When the sun goes down is when we start having more things to do.  I´m liking my comp Elder Smith.  We get along pretty well and i´m pretty sure i´m gonna end up being his last comp.  He goes home 6 weeks before I do.  So i´ll probably just have one more companion after him.  We talk a lot at night and sometimes don´t get to bed until like 11 because we are just talking about random stuff haha.  We need to get better about that.  

Can´t believe fathers day already came and went.  Didn´t even remember it, because the brasilians celebrate it another day.  We are just so focused on the work that we kinda forget about some stuff sometimes xD.  HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS DAY ONE DAY LATER FROM ELDER DIAMOND!  Sunday was good though.  We had some investigators and church and we should have a baptism this next sunday!  Raimundo (32)  he is going to be baptised and we are reactivating his wife and some other family members.  It´s pretty great :)  Pray for him please so that everything will go right and he gets baptised! 

We had interviews with president this week.  Always love the good old chit chat with my President.  He is just the man.  I always walk out of the interviews feeling better and wanting to work harder.  The man is like a spiritual giant.  He gave us a paper that shows us how and why we should plan out our LIVES.  Not like the next month but like a life plan.  President Souza has a life plan.  Like weekly plans, monthly plans, yearly plans, decade plans, etc.  It´s super cool.  This man is super organized.  I´m so gonna take some of his teaching home with me.  I really need to plan my life.  Like they say if you fail to plan you plan to fail!  

I´m enjoying the mission and kinda just letting these last couple months come as they are.  I´m trying not to get to freaked out about going home.  I get a little scared when I think about going home.  So I usually just put those thoughts out of my head a get back to reality.  I´m excited to go home sure, but the mission has kinda become my life.  It´s a weird thought to think that it´s almost over.  You kinda just fall into the routine of thinking the mission won´t ever end.  But it will.  I throw those thoughts out of my head haha.  I think i´m in the first step...  Denial haha.  Oh well.  I love you!  The savior lives and I know that a mighty change begins with small and simple things.  We should share the love of christ with others through small and mighty works.  

Got to teach about the attonement a bit this week.  I love the attonement.  It´s amazing.  It´s appliable in everything we do.  I learn something new about it everyday.  

Night never had the last word.  The dawn is always invincible. -Hugh B Brown-

Elder Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment