Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

June


The fortaleza temple is still on hold.  The property that the church bought is giving A TON of problems and the church is trying to resolve it.  It hasn´t even started construction yet.  I think it´ll be AT least another four years until it starts working.  Glad to see that Cade is having a good time.  I hope he is happy.  I can´t believe he is on a mission.  Time is just flying by mother.  I´m loving it!  
 

The week was a difficult in the feeling of teaching people.  EVERYTHING like fell through.  Raphael was busy studying for finals so we didn´t talk with him this week.  And just nothing was working.  Two days were basically taken out of the week because one of the days we were stuck in Aldeota at a dermatologist appointment.  The other day was Zone counsel.  I not a huge fan of zone counsel because I have to wake up at 5:30 to get to the Church in Aldeota so we can recieve training from the assistants to pass to our zone.  Good thing the food is pretty good at the end.  We got back into our area and had a meeting with the Stake President of our Stake.  He is American so that is pretty cool.  I remembered him and asked him if he remembered me from last year, but he said he didn´t haha.  

Saturday was a solid day though.  We taught some new families and one of them went to church!  We are gonna start working with these families to help them get baptised.  It´s kinda funny how my mission kinda evolved.  I started my mission not really knowing what I was doing and just teaching whatever thing that moved.  But the focus of the mission and I started to mature as a missionary.   Now we basically just go after families.  I love teaching families.  Families are like the focus of the gospel.  It is what Heavenly Father wants. So we should look for families :)  

And also don´t be afraid to preach the gospel.  The gospel needs to be preached to every person on this earth.  Every one needs the blessings of the restored gospel.  How will the people who can´t see find the fountain of life?  Answer.  Someone who knows where it is and ISN´T blind will take them by the hand and show them where it is and they can choose to drink from it or not.  I love you all and I am so grateful for this oportunity that I have to represent the Savior and help Heavenly Fathers sons and daughters return to his presence in the middle of a fallen world.

Elder Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment