Contact INFO for Rourke

rourke.diamond@myldsmail.net

Elder Diamond
Av. Santos Dumont, 1789, sl. 1612, 16th andar
Ed. Potenza - Aldeota
60150-160 - Fortaleza - CE
Brazil

Friday, August 16, 2013

July 28


My week was really good.  To start,  we taught a lot.  32 lessons to be exact.  Went up from our last week of 20 lessons.  I feel like the ball is finally starting to roll in the area.  I look forward to the sucess we are going to have here in a bit.  We are starting to plant the fruits.  The lord has truly put a couple of elects in our paths.  I would like to thank you for praying for me and the mission.  I could definately see the results of that this week.  

I had a great spiritual experience this last wednesday that´d I would like to share.  We started teaching this women named Jane and her husband Anderson this week.  Jane is a less active that is 18 and is living with her boyfriend and his mom.  Jane lost her mom 2 years ago and she has a younger brother named Jasinto (14).  Anyways, we marked a day to pass by and we started teaching Jane, Anderson, his mother, and Jasinto.  I was on a split with an Elder from my zone and we taught a pretty good lesson.  At the end of the lesson we asked if we could do anything to help them out.  Jane said she had something for us to do.  She was feeling a bit sick and said that her little brother, Jasinto, started crying the other day.  He told Jane that he didn´t want to lose her and didn´t think he would be able to be by himself.  Jane started to cry as she was telling us the story and she said that she wanted a blessing of  health so she would get better and show Jasinto that everything was going to be alright.  

Me and the Elder from my zone agreed and he did the first part.  I was able to seal the blessing and bless her.  As I put my hands on her head to seal the blessing the spirit entered the room and hit me like a truck.  I had to stop to keep myself from crying because I haven´t felt the spirit fall upon me like that in a long time.  I could feel the pure love god had for Jane and her family.  Tears started to fall down my eyes and I proceeded with the blessing.  I don´t really remember what I said but I know for a fact that my portuguese was flawless and everyone in that room felt the presence of the Spirit.  

Faith is like a seed as described in Alma 32.  When planted and cared for it grows into a tree, consequently you may be able to grab the fruit that the tree of faith bears.  As you bite into the fruit, you realize that is sweeter than all that is sweet and more desireable than all that is desireable.  I tasted the love that god has for his sons and daughters and it was sweeter and more desireable than anything i´ve ever tried.  

I know that as we take care of our faith, and cultivate it with pacience, we are able to partake of its fruit thereof.  I´m so thankful that my faith has brought forth fruit.  It takes awhile to see at partake of the fruit, but when it happens, it´s a real treasure and a delight to the human soul.  

Our love for God and fellow men expand as we comprehend true doctrine.  Our faith becomes true and becomes a fruit-bearing tree.

Have a good week,
Elder Diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment